Digitarium® Kappa Portable 2 Digital Planetarium System
The Digitarium® Kappa Portable 2 model is a digital planetarium system designed for use in portable domes.
This model is designed for those who want the highest resolution and best projection quality in a portable Digitarium system. The Kappa's high resolution is invaluable if you show fulldome video shows, immersive environments, or scientific visualizations. Starfields will also look better, especially with the high contrast and our high quality proprietary lens.
Choose from a lower cost Basic option or much more powerful Professional software package. See specifications below for details.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||Around 30 feet/9m. Brightness
is the main
issue, since the larger the dome,
the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
|Field of view
||180 degrees, full sky.
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||5000 lumens with non-fisheye lens (Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties.)|
||Nominal projector contrast is up to 5,300:1.|
||Up to 2000 hours on high
|User Interfaces Included
|Software||Nightshade NG Basic (more limited features)||Nightshade NG Professional
|Planetary Data||Low resolution, no topography (flat surfaces).||Exclusive Solar System and Whole Earth high-resolution data sets.|
||Stereo with integral speakers; stereo with external user supplied speakers.|
||100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, 710W|
||FCC Class A, CE class A (RoHS compliant), UL or CSA listed components|
System: 16 x 16 x 25 inches for storage (40 x 40 x 63.5 cm),
16 x 16 x 35 inches for use (40 x 40 x 89 cm)
Transit case: 19 x 21 x 31 inches (47.5 x 52.5 x 77.5 cm)
System: 48.5 lbs. (22.0 kg)
Transit case: 34 lbs. (15.5 kg)
Total: 82.5 lbs. (37.5 kg)
The transit case has built in wheels and extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.
||Basic: $48,825||Professional: $68,265|
Please use our purchase page for ordering instructions.Purchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Kappa Portable planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare).
- Rugged wheeled transit case.
- Heavy duty surge suppressor with 25-foot cord (120 VAC countries only).
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 2 TB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and over two dozen fulldome video shows.
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Barco.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Complete system rescue disk on solid state drive in case of emergency.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Exclusive Digitalis Child-Safe LED Light Pointer.
- Exclusive Digitarium red lighted pen for writing in the dark.
- Free membership in our Digitarium user community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: these prices do not include a dome, a necessary requirement for system use. Purchase a Digitalis dome with your system and receive a $1,000 package discount.