Digitarium® Kappa Fixed 2 Digital Planetarium System
The Digitarium® Kappa Fixed 2 model is our most affordable digital planetarium projection system designed for use in permanent domes. The Kappa 2 is ideal for budget-conscious planetariums smaller than 30 feet in diameter.
The Barco F50 projector provides 2.01 megapixels of resolution with a brightness sure to inspire audiences in smaller domes.
Don’t let the affordable price fool you, the Kappa 2 comes equipped with the powerful Nightshade NG Professional software package including the Universal Console interface, and high-resolution terrain datasets of the Earth and Solar System.
With the Kappa 2 Professional system you’ll soon be flying your guests into Gale Crater on Mars, exploring the Lunar far-side highlands, and of course giving them the exquisite view of the night sky only available with Nightshade NG.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
|Field of view
||180 degrees, full sky.
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||5000 lumens with non-fisheye lens (Provided for comparison with other systems. Actual brightness with a fish eye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties.)|
||Nominal projector contrast is up to 5,300:1.|
||Up to 2000 hours on high.|
||Digitarium CU-1||User Interfaces Included
||Solar System and Whole Earth high resolution datasets included.|
||Supports 5.1 Channel Surround Sound.|
||2000 GB expandable up to 8 TB or more.|
||100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, 830W||Regulatory
||FCC Class A, CE class A (RoHS compliant), UL or CSA listed components.|
System: 20 x 16 x 32.75 inches (51 x 40 x 83.2 cm)
||System: 72 lbs. (32.7 kg)|
|US Price with elevator mount
Please use our purchase page for ordering instructions.Purchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Kappa Fixed 2 planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare).
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 2 TB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and over two dozen fulldome video shows.
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Barco.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Complete system rescue disk on solid state drive in case of emergency.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Exclusive Digitalis Child-Safe LED Light Pointer.
- Exclusive Digitarium red lighted pen for writing in the dark.
- Free membership in our Digitarium user community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
- Other projection angle options.
- Elevator Mount System for situations where you want to raise and lower your projector.
- System installation
- Dome repainting for digital projection
- Fixed dome construction
- LED cove lighting controllable through the Universal Console interface
- Professional audio systems
- Theater control systems
- On-site training
- Priority Support extended support options.