Digitarium® Kappa Fixed Digital Planetarium System
The Digitarium® Kappa Fixed model is a digital planetarium system designed for use in permanent domes.
Full dome/full sky projection is available at a projection angle of 167 degrees. This is ideal for fixed domes, as the projection system is placed below the springline of the dome out of audience sight lines.
The Digitarium® Kappa Fixed model is designed for those who want high resolution and the best projection quality in a fixed Digitarium system. The Kappa's high resolution is invaluable if you show fulldome video shows, immersive environments, or scientific visualizations. Starfields will also look better, especially with the high contrast and our high quality proprietary lens.
The Kappa includes our high-resolution data sets of the Earth and solar system for spectacular planetary exploration with incredible detail.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||Around 52 feet/16m. Brightness
is the main
issue, since the larger the dome,
the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
|Field of view
||180 degrees, full sky.
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||7650 lumens with non-fisheye lens (Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties.)|
||Nominal projector contrast is up to 8,000:1.|
||Up to 2000 hours on high
The projector has two lamps which can be used one at a time, or both together for the brightest projection.
||Digitarium CU-1||User Interfaces Included
||2000 GB expandable up to 8 TB or more.|
||100-240 VAC, 10.4 A, 50-60Hz||Regulatory
||FCC Class A, CE class A (RoHS compliant), UL or CSA listed components|
System: 20 x 16 x 32.75 inches (51 x 40 x 83.2 cm)
||System: 84 lbs. (38.2 kg)|
(Outside the US contact a local dealer for pricing.)
Purchasing InformationPurchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Kappa Fixed planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare)
- Solar System and Whole Earth high-resolution data sets.
- Universal Console software license.
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 2 TB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and over two dozen fulldome video shows.
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Barco.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Complete system rescue disk on solid state drive in case of emergency.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Exclusive Digitalis Child-Safe LED Light Pointer.
- Exclusive Digitarium red lighted pen for writing in the dark.
- Free membership in our Digitarium user community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: System installation is simple enough that you can perform this yourself. Alternately, system installation services can be purchased through Digitalis. Please use our purchase page for information on how to order.
- Visualization & Simulation Bright Color Wheel option. In domes smaller than approximately 38 feet/12m in diameter, increase your color saturation. Projector lumen rating is reduced to 4000.
- Other projection angle options.
- Elevator Mount System for situations where you want to raise and lower your projector.
- System installation
- Dome repainting for digital projection
- Fixed dome construction
- LED cove lighting controllable through the Universal Console interface
- Professional audio systems
- Theater control systems
- On-site training
- Priority Support extended support options.