Digitarium® Iota Digital Planetarium System
Ideal for outreach, the world's smallest turnkey digital planetarium system!
Extremely compact, lightweight, and powerful, the Digitarium Iota (pronounced eye-OH-ta) makes it easier than ever for one person to transport, set up, and teach with a high resolution portable digital planetarium system. Never before has a complete system been this small or powerful.
The Digitarium Iota projects over a full dome with no blind spots or cutouts. It is the culmination of years of development effort, with our own innovative proprietary lens design.
The Digitarium Iota offers not just a compact size but quick set up, intuitive user interfaces, high resolution, excellent projection quality, and wealth of other features. Digitalis sells inflatable domes in several diameters for a complete portable solution.
Choose from a lower cost Basic option or more powerful Professional software package. See specifications below for details.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||Approximately 20 feet/6 meters.
Brightness is the main issue, since the larger the dome, the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
||Approximately 1166 pixels across a diameter
|Field of view
||180 degrees, full sky.
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
||Typically ~175 degrees. User can zoom to as little as 122 degrees for special situations.
|Base Projector Brightness
||3000 Lumens with non-fisheye lens
(Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties. Please see any of our other models if you need a brighter system.)
||Nominal projector contrast of up to 2,500:1.|
||Up to 2,250 hours on high, 3,000 hours in eco mode.
|User Interfaces Included
|Software||Nightshade NG Basic (more limited features)||Nightshade NG Professional
||Stereo with integral speakers; stereo with external user supplied speakers.|
||100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 450W|
||FCC Class A, CE class A, RoHS compliant|
The rugged transit case is airtight and watertight (to 10 feet underwater) with built in wheels and an extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.
||Basic: $25,930||Professional: $37,430|
- One Digitarium Iota portable planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare)
- Heavy duty mounting tripod in custom carry bag
- Rugged wheeled transit case.
- Heavy duty surge suppressor with 25-foot cord (120 VAC countries only).
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 1000 GB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and a number of fulldome video shows:
- Citizen Sky - Epsilon Aurigae - binary systems
- Cosmic Castaways - explore galaxies and their stars
- Back to the Moon for Good - Google Lunar XPRIZE competitors try to land a spacecraft on the Moon
- Dark - dark matter and cosmology
- Flight Adventures - the science of flight (free for US customers only)
- FLIGHT TO THE MOON: LRO and LCROSS Revisited
- IBEX: Search for the Edge of the Solar System
- Journey to the Centre of the Milky Way
- Losing the Dark - light pollution
- New Horizons for a Little Planet - Pluto and the New Horizons mission
- Solar Quest - how the Sun and the Earth are interconnected
- Sunstruck - the Sun's influence on the Earth
- Two Small Pieces of Glass - history of the telescope
- Various short fulldome animations
(Show licensing agreements must be signed and returned before system ships to receive hard drive.)
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Barco.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Free membership in our Digitarium users community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: these prices do not include a dome, a necessary requirement for system use. Purchase a Digitalis dome with your system and receive a $1,000 package discount.
Updated Apr 17 2017
- Priority Support extended support options.