Digitarium® Gamma Portable Digital Planetarium System
This model has been discontinued. Please see our current models.
The Digitarium® Gamma Portable model is a digital planetarium system designed for use in portable domes. It has the same unmatched usability of other Digitarium systems with our exclusive backlit, handheld remote control.
This model is designed for those who want a relatively high resolution system but need high brightness for a larger dome or more vivid colors. This is our brightest option for portable domes.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||Around 60 feet/18m. Brightness
is the main
issue, since the larger the dome,
the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
|Field of view
||180 degrees, full sky.
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||8000 Lumens with non-fisheye lens (Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties.)|
||Nominal projector contrast of up to 7,500:1.|
||Up to 2000 hours on high
The projector has two lamps which can be used one at a time, or both together for the brightest projection.
||1 TB expandable up to 8 TB or more.|
||100-240 VAC, 10.4 A, 50-60Hz|
||FCC Class A, CE class A (RoHS compliant), UL or CSA listed components|
System: 20 x 16.75 x 25 inches for storage (51 x 42.5 x 64 cm),
20 x 16.75 x 35 inches in use (51 x 42.5 x 89 cm)
Transit case: 39 x 25 x 22 inches (99 x 64 x 56 cm)
System: 73 lbs. (33.2 kg)
Transit case: 47.6 lbs. (21.6 kg)
Total: 120.6 lbs. (54.8 kg)
The transit case has built in wheels and extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.
Please use our purchase page for ordering instructions.Purchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Gamma Portable planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare)
- Universal Console software license for interactive control of your system from an iPad or other compatible device.
- Rugged wheeled transit case.
- Heavy duty surge suppressor with 25-foot cord (120 VAC countries only).
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 1000 GB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and a number of fulldome video shows:
- Citizen Sky - Epsilon Aurigae - binary systems
- Cosmic Castaways - explore galaxies and their stars
- Back to the Moon for Good - Google Lunar XPRIZE competitors try to land a spacecraft on the Moon
- Dark - dark matter and cosmology
- Flight Adventures - the science of flight (free for US customers only)
- FLIGHT TO THE MOON: LRO and LCROSS Revisited
- IBEX: Search for the Edge of the Solar System
- Journey to the Centre of the Milky Way
- Losing the Dark - light pollution
- New Horizons for a Little Planet - Pluto and the New Horizons mission
- Solar Quest - how the Sun and the Earth are interconnected
- Sunstruck - the Sun's influence on the Earth
- Two Small Pieces of Glass - history of the telescope
- Various short fulldome animations
(Show licensing agreements must be signed and returned before system ships to receive hard drive.)
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Barco.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Free membership in our Digitarium users community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: these prices do not include a dome, a necessary requirement for system use. Purchase a Digitalis dome with your system and receive a $1,000 package discount.
Updated Feb 12 2018
- Visualization & Simulation Bright Color Wheel option. In domes smaller than approximately 43 feet/13m in diameter, increase your color saturation. Projector lumen rating is reduced to 4200.
- Visualization & Simulation Color Wheel option. In domes smaller than approximately 37 feet/11m in diameter, increase your color saturation to the highest level. Projector lumen rating is reduced to 3100.
- Priority Support extended support options.
- High-resolution data sets.