Digitarium® Epsilon Fixed Digital Planetarium System
The Digitarium® Epsilon Fixed model is a digital planetarium system designed for use in permanent domes. This system can be used in either a full dome or a truncated projection mode.
Full dome/full sky projection is available at a projection angle of 155 degrees. This is ideal for fixed domes, as the projection system is placed below the springline of the dome out of audience sight lines.
In truncated projection mode, a 1344 pixel diameter truncated circle (truncated to a 1920x1200 pixel frame) is projected at a 180x155 degree projection angle. This mode is typically best suited for high resolution wide angle immersive movie uses with unidirectional seating. The planetarium features will still work, but with part of the sky missing we don't recommend this mode for serious astronomy education.
The Digitarium® Epsilon Fixed model is designed for those who want high resolution and excellent projection quality in a fixed Digitarium system but can not afford the Digitarium Kappa Fixed model. The Epsilon's high resolution is invaluable if you show fulldome video shows, immersive environments, or scientific visualizations. Starfields will also look better, especially with the high contrast and our high quality proprietary lens.
The Epsilon Fixed model includes our high-resolution data set of the solar system for spectacular planetary exploration with incredible detail.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
||1344 circle truncated at 1200
|Field of View
||180 degrees, full sky.
||180 x ~155 degrees.
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
||180 x 155 degrees
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||Around 52 feet/16m in full dome projection mode. Brightness
is the main
issue, since the larger the dome,
the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
|Base Projector Brightness
||7650 lumens with non-fisheye lens (Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties.)|
||Nominal projector contrast is up to 7,500:1.|
||Up to 2000 hours on high.
The projector has two lamps which can be used one at a time, or both together for the brightest projection.
|User Interfaces Included
||2000 GB expandable up to 8 TB or more.|
||100-240 VAC, 10.4 A, 50-60Hz|
||FCC Class A, CE class A (RoHS compliant), UL or CSA listed components|
System: 20 x 16 x 32.75 inches (51 x 40 x 83.2 cm)
||System: 84 lbs. (38.2 kg)|
(Outside the US contact a local dealer for pricing.)
Purchasing InformationPurchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Epsilon Fixed planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare)
- Solar System high-resolution data set.
- Universal Console software license.
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 1000 GB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and a number of fulldome video shows:
- Citizen Sky - Epsilon Aurigae - binary systems
- Cosmic Castaways - explore galaxies and their stars
- Back to the Moon for Good - Google Lunar XPRIZE competitors try to land a spacecraft on the Moon
- Dark - dark matter and cosmology
- Flight Adventures - the science of flight (free for US customers only)
- FLIGHT TO THE MOON: LRO and LCROSS Revisited
- IBEX: Search for the Edge of the Solar System
- Journey to the Centre of the Milky Way
- Losing the Dark - light pollution
- New Horizons for a Little Planet - Pluto and the New Horizons mission
- Solar Quest - how the Sun and the Earth are interconnected
- Sunstruck - the Sun's influence on the Earth
- Two Small Pieces of Glass - history of the telescope
- Various short fulldome animations
(Show licensing agreements must be signed and returned before system ships to receive hard drive.)
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Barco.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Free membership in our Digitarium users community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: System installation is simple enough that you can perform this yourself. Alternately, system installation services can be purchased through Digitalis. Please use our purchase page for information on how to order.
Updated Jul 14 2017
- Visualization & Simulation Bright Color Wheel option. In domes smaller than approximately 38 feet/12m in diameter, increase your color saturation. Projector lumen rating is reduced to 4000.
- Elevator Mount System for situations where you want to raise and lower your projector.
- System installation
- Dome repainting for digital projection
- Fixed dome construction
- LED cove lighting controllable through the Universal Console interface
- High-resolution data sets.
- Professional audio systems
- Theater control systems
- On-site training
- Priority Support extended support options.