Digitarium® Elevator Mount System
The main reasons to use an elevator mount:
- If you want to keep an existing starball in the center of your dome, you can place the elevator next to that system. Raise the Digitarium system up when desired, and lower to use your starball without any blockages. The off-center distortion correction features in our Digitarium systems will adjust starfields and media for an offset of up to approximately 30% of the dome radius.
- If you want an easy installation option that does not require constructing a mounting platform at a precise height. As long as the ideal lens height for your dome will be within the extension range, you can just mount the elevator base to the floor or existing platform and do the final adjustment with your remote control!
- If you want to easily switch between full dome and truncated projection with our Digitarium Epsilon model, this allows you to quickly change between the two modes. This will provide coverage down to the dome springline in both modes in domes under approximately 20 feet/6m in diameter (due to the different projection angles).
- Easy up and down operation with a handheld remote control
- Almost silent operation
- Smooth start and stop motion
- Can memorize upper travel limit for perfect placement each time
- Easy locked door access to components inside the base (such as the planetarium control computer)
- Does not prevent normal Digitarium system remote control use
- Designed to mount to a floor or platform
Under 1650 Watts (including Digitarium Epsilon or Kappa planetarium system components)
120 VAC version: 13.75 A, 60 Hz
230 VAC version: 7.2 A, 50Hz
Please specify your voltage when ordering.
||23 x 13 x 48-74” (58.4 x 33 x 122-188 cm)|
Approximately 175 pounds (80 kg) when fully installed.
(Weight includes all Digitarium Epsilon or Kappa planetarium system components.)
ADD ON PRICE: $3,000 US
(Outside the US contact a local dealer for pricing.)
Includes three year limited warranty and free technical support for the life of your system.
Please note: System installation is simple enough that you can perform this yourself. Alternately, system installation services can be purchased through Digitalis. Please use our purchase page for information on how to order.
Updated Apr 17 2017