Digitarium® Delta 5 Digital Planetarium System
The new Digitarium Delta 5 is our entry level planetarium system, designed to be easy to transport, set up, and teach with. It projects high contrast 1080 pixel diameter imagery over a full dome with no blind spots or cut-outs. It is the culmination of years of development effort, with our own innovative proprietary lens design.
The Digitarium Delta 5 offers not just a compact size but quick set up, intuitive user interfaces, high resolution, excellent projection quality, and wealth of other features. Digitalis sells inflatable domes in several diameters for a complete portable solution.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Delta 5||Delta 5 Plus|
|Maximum Dome Diameter*
||19.5 feet/6 meters.
||23 feet/7 meters.|
|Projected Resolution||0.92 megapixels.|
|Field of View||180 degrees, full sky.|
|Pixels per Degree of Sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness**
||3000 Lumens with non-fisheye lens.
||Nominal projector contrast is 1,000,000:1.||Nominal projector contrast is 2,000,000:1.|
||Lamp. Up to 4,000 hours on high, 10,000 hours in eco mode.
||Laser-phosphor. 20,000 hours on high brightness.
|User Interfaces Included
||Stereo with integral speakers; stereo with external user supplied speakers.|
|Software||Nightshade NG Basic.|
||100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 348W.||100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 400W.|
||FCC Class B, CE, RoHS compliant.||FCC Class B, CE, RoHS compliant. Class 1 laser product.|
System: 20.5 x 21.0 x 11.5 inches (52.1 x 53.3 x 29.2 cm).
Transit case: 34.0 x 29.0 x 17.0 inches (86.4 x 73.7 x 43.2 cm).
System: 38 lbs. (17.3 kg).
Transit case: 39 lbs. (17.7 kg).
Total: 77 lbs. (35.0 kg).
System: 42 lbs. (19.1 kg).
Transit case: 39 lbs. (17.7 kg).
Total: 81 lbs. (36.8 kg).
*Brightness is the main issue, since the larger the dome, the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
**Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties. Please see any of our other models if you need a brighter system.
***The rugged transit case has built in wheels and an extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.
Purchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Delta 5 planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare)
- Wheeled transit case
- Heavy duty surge suppressor with 25-foot cord (120 VAC countries only)
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 2 TB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and over two dozen fulldome video shows.
- Three year limited warranty. Two year (Delta 5) or three year (Delta 5 Plus) limited warranty on the projection component from Optoma.
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Complete system rescue disk on solid state drive in case of emergency.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Exclusive Digitalis Child-Safe LED Light Pointer.
- Exclusive Digitarium red lighted pen for writing in the dark.
- Free membership in our Digitarium user community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: these prices do not include a dome, a necessary requirement for system use. Purchase a Digitalis dome with your system and receive a $1,000 package discount.