Digitarium® Delta 2 Digital Planetarium System
The Digitarium® Delta 2 is an extremely affordable, high resolution digital planetarium system ideal for portable or small fixed domes. It projects a 1080 pixel diameter circle over a full dome with no blind spots or cutouts. It is the culmination of years of development effort, with an innovative proprietary lens design.
The Digitarium Delta 2 offers a compact size, quick set up, intuitive interface, high resolution, and wealth of features at a surprisingly affordable price. Digitalis also sells inflatable domes in several diameters for a complete portable solution.
The Digitarium Delta 2 outperforms other low cost digital systems on the market, avoiding common drawbacks such as incomplete sky coverage, terrible focus, obvious distortions, difficult user interfaces, easily damaged components, unreliable software and/or hardware, and poor support.
Although more expensive than most portable analog ("pin-hole") projectors, we believe the Digitarium Delta 2 to be a huge value proposition: you receive the features of a modern digital planetarium at a fraction of the typical cost. Think of the power of a computer versus a slide projector.
Affordable and flexible, the Digitarium Delta 2 will revolutionize your astronomy teaching.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||Approximately 26 feet/8 meters.
is the main
issue, since the larger the dome,
the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
||1080 pixels across a diameter
|Field of view
||180 degrees, full sky.
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||4000 Lumens with non-fisheye lens (Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties. Please see any of our other models if you need a brighter system.)
|Nominal Contrast Ratio
||50,000:1 (per projector specifications, without fisheye lens)
||Up to 3000 hours
||Excellent. The Delta 2 is a marked improvement over the original Delta 1 model.
||1 TB expandable up to 8 TB or more.|
100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 7A|
||FCC Class A, CE class A (RoHS compliant)|
System: 17.5 x 20 x 16.1 inches (44.5 x 51 x 40 cm)
Transit case: 26 x 26 x 22.5 inches (66 x 66 x 57 cm)
System: 58 pounds (26.4 kg)
Transit case: 37.4 pounds (17.0 kg)
Total: 95.4 pounds (43.4 kg)
The rugged transit case has built in wheels and extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.
Purchasing InformationPurchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Delta 2 planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare)
- Wheeled transit case
- Heavy duty surge suppressor with 25-foot cord (120 VAC countries only)
- DLP projector remote control
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students
- 1000 GB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and a number of fulldome video shows:
- Citizen Sky - Epsilon Aurigae - binary systems
- Cosmic Castaways - explore galaxies and their stars
- Back to the Moon for Good - Google Lunar XPRIZE competitors try to land a spacecraft on the Moon
- Dark - dark matter and cosmology
- Flight Adventures - the science of flight (free for US customers only)
- FLIGHT TO THE MOON: LRO and LCROSS Revisited
- IBEX: Search for the Edge of the Solar System
- Losing the Dark - light pollution
- Solar Quest - how the Sun and the Earth are interconnected
- Two Small Pieces of Glass - history of the telescope
(Show licensing agreements must be signed and returned before system ships to receive hard drive.)
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from BenQ.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Lens cleaning kit
- Free membership in our Digitarium users community website.
- Prepaid one-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.